If you read the mission statement of any drum corps you will find words like: discipline, dedication, leadership, hard-work, and musical development. At the Festival of Brass in Oswego, IL, I heard something that struck a chord with me and made me want to understand more of what the corps stood for:
Thank you, Lord, for the togetherness and friendship we share. For the hard working members of this corps and the corps itself. Instill in us the true spirit of competition. Taking the pain of losing and the joy of winning and all with a smile. Remind us, Lord, that by doing the very best we can at all times we will have a winning corps.Further research on this corps showed that they place an emphasis on moral character, family environment, personal and religious growth, citizenship, and an endeavor to be "Better Every Day." This is a corps that strives to develop the whole person into the best that they can be, these are qualities I expect to find in a winner, this is Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps. The summer tour season is still young and I can't tell you where Pioneer will finish at the DCI World Championship this August, but what I do know is everyone one of these young men and women will leave the field a winner, and should celebrate in the joy of winning.
No comments:
Post a Comment