The other day I started thinking about when I first started running, turns out my running career started ten years ago. Pretty amazing when you think about it. I starting thinking about what else I have been doing/done for ten years and realized that the list isn't that long. In fact, once you toss out the ridiculous like brushing my teeth, taking showers, or driving a car, I realized that there were only two things that fell into this category: working with the Boy Scout of America and playing music.
Examining the three, I realized that they all provided different opportunities to learn/push myself. Although I am no longer able to earn merit badges or advance in rank, I am able to continue developing my leadership skills and learn how to be a mentor and help scouts reach their goals. Playing music has allowed me to express my creative side and at times provides a challenge tougher than any of my classes have ever been. Running is probably the most selfish of the activities that I participate in, but at the same time allows me the most introspective time, to better understand who I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment